Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 292 drivers dis assembly

  1. #1
    Inactive Member awsjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    292 drivers dis assembly

    can anyone post a link or information on the dis assembly of these or a similar driver ?.... removing the top cover reveals the phenolic diaphragm and looks like an aluminum phase plug....there is a series of allen bolts around the perimeter of the magnet structure but have not removed those....I wanted to check the internal wiring and replace if possible but didn't want to do this if better left alone....thanks -Al

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 292 drivers dis assembly

    If you've gone far enough to see the diaphragm, that's all the wiring there is.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member awsjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 292 drivers dis assembly

    you're absolutely correct....sorry for my dumbness....the two posts on the diaphragm frame, that normally wire to outer binding posts stick out of the back cover of the driver.....I have some binding posts that thread into them for hookup....for some reason I thought wires were under the diaphragm....thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.